belleofthebookshelf

Belle of the Bookshelf

Welcome.  I read what I want and when I want, and don't write to a target audience. If we share the love for the same genre or can expand each others interests, I hope that you will follow me.

Under the Dome: A Novel
Stephen King
Progress: 720/1357 pages
The Diva Takes the Cake
Krista Davis
Progress: 56/260 pages

It Happened at the Fair

It Happened at the Fair - Deeanne Gist It Happened at the Fair is the second Deeanne Gist book that I have read, and although I very much enjoyed them both and there is familiarization in the writing style, they are quite different from one another.There was much to love about It Happened at the Fair. The time, setting and characters are enough to satisfy my historical romance craving, but it is the historical background, along with the photos of The World’s Fair that really brought the story to life. The author really did her homework on this one, and although there were times where the facts overtook the story, it was still a very pleasant read with a beautiful plot.Note: Although appropriately classified under Christian fiction, there is no mention of it in the story, so do not shy away from this one if you are not normally a fan of Christian fiction.